Friday, June 26, 2009

Overwhelmed... (updated 7/6)

Ugh...this last week I feel like everything has hit me all at once. I feel like I've been in a bad mood and I haven't been able to figure out why...well today...I figured it out. I feel so very overwhelmed with the amount of people that are coming and with the amount of (little) things that still need to be done. I go to the mailbox each afternoon to get the mail and have been so excited to see so many people are coming, but now, I feel myself hoping for a few NOs! How terrible is that?? Ugh...terrible! It's not that I don't want our friends and family to be there, it just seems to compound the feelings of guilt for spending all this money on one party and one day. Then there's also the fact that I'm tired of making decisions and tired of having to defend my opinion or argue for what we want on our day. I have actually said to my mother and Mr. G's mother...whatever you want...(sigh)

In an effort to tackle the projects that I have left to do, here is my list of things that can be done now:
  • finish lottery ticket favors
  • finish matches
  • finalize table songs - DONE
  • design seating chart - DONE
  • purchase guest book pens - DONE
  • print and mount directions signs
  • print and mount reserved signs DONE, guest book sign DONE and bar menus
  • finalize timeline with photographer
  • make hanging monogram for sweetheart table - SUPPLIES ARE PURCHASED
  • finish photo share cards
  • figure out out of town bags and write letter for them - ELIMINATED

To be done once we have final guest count:

  • arrange seating
  • print and mount table numbers with chosen songs
  • finalize seating chart
  • put together kids' favors - DONE
  • create detailed schedule for the wedding week and weekend

I'm sure there is plenty that I'm forgetting but I'll get there! Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Julie C. said...

Oh Mary. Everything will turn out wonderful and it will be YOUR day from beginning to end. You are like SUPER planner and I know you will get it all done and it will be spectacular! It will all be worth it on August 2nd! :)

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

i know exactly how you feel!!! so much piles up...in fact i even ended up not doing a couple of things for my on sanity!! Out of town bags... i did a post on ours..used gift bags..i got them for .70cents each! the guests really appreciated them!

tambride013010 said...

Hang in there! I feel that way already and our invites haven't even gone out yet.. :) To cheer you up, I gave you a blog award. check out your Lovely Blog Award from my blog :)